Wednesday, May 19, 2010

additions to my ramblings

So, I didn’t realize yesterday when I wrote my post that I had not written a blog since BEFORE I was banded! I got my band on November 17th, 2009. It was a long and frustrating process, but not near as frustrating as I know it has been for other people. Everything went fine with the surgery except for my large incision. It got infected and I ended up being out of work for 4 weeks because it was all yucky and open!
My husband told me that my post yesterday did not really acknowledge all of my accomplishments since having the band. I have lost about 35lbs so far since the pre-surgery diet. I also did not gain a bunch of weight when I essentially had no band at all! I am down a size in pants and shirts and bras! ( Always exciting when the girls get a little smaller…) Now, I am also trying to master listening to my own body, when it comes to hunger, stress, anger, excitement, etc. I don’t always succeed but I feel like I am making progress.
I plan on going to get a new tattoo on Saturday night. “Ebb” and “Flow” on my wrists. I need a physical reminder that just like the tide, life has it ups and downs and one just needs to learn to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment